Tibco GI is OPEN SOURCE.
Tibco GI is cool.
Tibco GI is fascinating.
I like TIBCO GI
Tibco GI (General Interface) is a small little tool for building RIA.
The most amazing part of TIBCO GI is that it provides a fine IDE. And the IDE itself is built on the same framework. You don’t need any installer to run the IDE except a standard browser. And yes, ANY browser. I have tested with IE and Firefox and it runs smooth!
I have used Flash, I have used Ajax, I have used Flex, I have used Laszlo.. I like them all but I like this GI a lot! I always say : Rich User Interface = Rich User Experience! And TIBCO GI is quite satisfactory in that.
I would like to mention some cool things you can do with TIBCO GI:
– Integrate it with all major J2EE Frameworks: Struts 1.1, 2.0, Spring etc etc….
Links for some tutorials:
– One page application: Just like flex, Single Page Application.
– Drag and Drop IDE: Just like flex builder, Drag and Drop Components and do lots of stuff with them. What’s more, remember the old days with VB6, It provides an IDE just like VB!
– Java Like API: If you download and goto the help section, You’ll see all the API’s are well structured Java Classes. Very well documented.
– Another cool tool: XML Mapping. TIBCO GI has thought for Web 3.0. When websites become webservices. Expose all your business logic on webservice and call them by a WSDL. You can drag and drop your components to say what’s gonna be your input and what’s gonna be your output. You really gotta try this!!!
– Integrates quite well with All other TiBCO Products like TIbco Businessworks, Iprocess etc.
– Charting: Add in components provide a bundled set of charting tools. You will really like it if you’re into charting. It can give tough competition to FLEX Charting!
– The TibCO framework size is just around 350 KB. Bye bye dial up users. Web 2.0 is not for you!
– Lastly, TIBCO is open souce. I love open source. I have been into open source for quite sometime and something like this is really a boon for RIA World.
good post! simple, sweet, impressive overview. hope for some implementation / demo on slideshare!!
Leave a comment